Inspired Entrepreneur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location independence : How do you choose a place to live?

2 posters

Go down

Location independence : How do you choose a place to live? Empty Location independence : How do you choose a place to live?

Post by Admin Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:00 pm

For those of you who are interested in location independence, or who are already living abroad, how do you choose a place to live?

What factors do you are think one should take into consideration?

What are the differences between choosing where to spend a couple of months, and where to live permanently?

Admin
Admin

https://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Location independence : How do you choose a place to live? Empty Re: Location independence : How do you choose a place to live?

Post by Ghost Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:27 pm

I chose China for my first stint living abroad. (I taught English.) I returned to China again two months ago to teach again. My initial concern was finding a place where I get a job, which of course leads to residence (which lasts as long as your job does.) If you're broke and can't get decent opportunities where you live, you'll have to consider that as a major factor.

Other than that, I of course wanted to live in a non-feminist country. But that's easy because most countries outside of the five anglophone countries aren't feminist/misandrist. I also considered proximity to other countries I wanted to see.

If I can ever reach my goal of $1000 a month passive income, then I will greatly expand my search. If I can get there, I will attempt living on that monthly income in several third world countries and try them out. Until that time, though, I have to consider only places where I can work and get residence through employment. If I ever got married, that would help too, as I could possibly become eligible for residence and employment in countries where otherwise I wouldn't have those things.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum