Inspired Entrepreneur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivation and Productivity

Go down

Motivation and Productivity Empty Motivation and Productivity

Post by Ghost Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:51 am

Motivation is perhaps the most important thing that divides the doers from the dreamers. I have my good days and bad days with productivity, but most days aren't great because I'm not motivated. What do you do to keep motivated?

I often think of my day's productivity level on a scale from 0-100%. Most days I would rate myself as operating at about 10% productivity. That's typically going to work, reading a book, and some household tasks. That leaves several hours a day when I could be doing something. A big struggle with motivation is working through fatigue. I'm working a lot right now (6 days a week), so I'm rarely fighting through my tiredness and being productive after work.

I don't have any big, new tricks to being motivated. I will write out a list of things I want to accomplish, listen to music as I work, and try to plan for free days so I can be productive. I have often thought to myself that if I could just run on even 50% productivity for one year, then my life would drastically improve for the better. I say 50% because I think that could be sustained by practicing enough good habits. 100% productivity would be bad overall because you would burn out quickly and take a long time to recover.

So, what are some good ways to stay motivated and raise productivity?

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum