Inspired Entrepreneur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cities similar to Bangkok?

2 posters

Go down

Cities similar to Bangkok? Empty Cities similar to Bangkok?

Post by Admin Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Are there any cities outside of south east asia that have a similar street vibe to Bangkok and other southeast asian cities? What I mean is ordinary street life. Normal people going about their daily lives. I'm not even talking about shoppers, tourists, buskers and other street entertainment, just normal life.

I've never been to Bangkok but from what I've seen it seems that simply walking down the street is very interesting. I guess Manila and other cities in that part of the world have that too. Many other cities are known for their museums and monuments and big buildings to look at, but Bangkok is really great simply because of how the ordinary people live their lives out on the streets, and I like that.

Do any other cities (outside of southeast asia) have a similar vibe?

Admin
Admin

https://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cities similar to Bangkok? Empty Re: Cities similar to Bangkok?

Post by Ghost Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:59 am

Most third world cities are like this (to an extent anyway, and it can vary a lot.) The best answer is probably other third world capital cities. Manila and surrounding areas feel like this. A simple walk is anything but and is like a mini-adventure.

If you like street life, but don't want to be overwhelmed, then smaller third world cities can be a good middle ground. For example, I lived in Leon, Nicaragua briefly. It's third world, but it's a small colonial city. Plenty going on outside, but never had insane traffic or a constant blaring of noise. (Although still plenty of noise and music.) And it looks pleasant and quaint.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum